**Please pre-register by calling Columbus Regional Hospital at (812) 375-3718.
Instructions to Follow Before Your Surgery
- Avoid aspirin and ibuprofen products for seven days prior to your scheduled surgery unless approved by your doctor.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. You may take your medications with sips of water.
- The night before your surgery, wash the foot that will be having the surgery with Hibiclens soap. (It can be purchased at any pharmacy). Wash it again the morning of surgery. Clean under toenails with a brush if possible.
- The hospital will contact you the day before surgery to review your instructions. They will also confirm your time. The time may change from the original time given to you due to last minute cancellations and additions to the surgery schedule.
- Upon arrival to the hospital, report to the 2nd floor to the Outpatient Surgery Area. You will be registered in this area. Take all of your insurance cards and a photo ID (driver’s license) with you.
- You may not drive home from the hospital after your procedure. If you do not have anyone with you to drive you home from the hospital, your procedure will have to be rescheduled.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery for 24 hours after your procedure.
- Take any crutches/ surgical shoes/ fracture boots/ or walkers that your doctor instructed you to bring.